Orthopedic Surgical Technician- Air Force Academy Colorado Springs
DP Technology Services, a leader in Government Contracting has pending position upon award for a Orthopedic Surgical Technician to provide services to our military and their dependents at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado. TYPE OF WORK. The duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Screens and checks-in patients and escorts patients to treatment areas.
- Accurately prepares room & patient for examinations, therapeutic measures and procedures assuring all needed equipment and supplies are available prior to the start of the exam.
- Takes, monitors and records physiological measurements.
- Triages urgent needs.
- Assists with medical treatment, diagnostic and therapeutic procedures per treatment protocols.
- Prepares and administers medications under the supervision of a nurse or health care provider.
- Chaperones patients.
- Assembles, maintains, and operates medical, diagnostic and therapeutic equipment.
- Maintains or assists with appropriate and accurate health record storage and retrieval systems.
- Provides patient/parent education as requested.
- Performs or assists with the performance of specialized testing and examinations.
- Assist with routine and emergency orthopedic procedures.
- Upon completion of procedures and examinations, properly cleans and organizes room and performs any necessary cleaning of equipment as established by departmental policies and procedures and standards.
- Ensure all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift.
- Ensure preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed.
- Ensure a safe work environment and employee safe work habits.
- Provides patients with the utmost care and attention. All patients shall be assured of their privacy and personal dignity.
- Prepares all documentation to meet or exceed established standards of the MTF, to include, but not limited to, timeliness, accuracy, content and signature. Only MTF and Air Force-approved abbreviations shall be used for documentation of the patient health record.
- Education. Shall have graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant program, must have a current specialty area certificate from an accredited national, state or military trained equivalent school, and show the ability to perform position duties.
- Experience. Shall have at least 12 months experience within the past 24 months.
Please contact Krista Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org